Skiurlaub- günstig mit FeWo-direkt
Hotelsuche in 


Ireland, Waterford
Von Wikipedia - die freie Nachrichtenenzyklopädie   auf Facebook posten  Auf Twitter posten  

(Latin)"Waterford remains the untaken city"
| crest image =
| map image = Ireland map County Waterford Magnified.png
| pin coords = left: 145px; top: 35px
| north coord = 52.2583
| west coord = 7.119
| irish grid = S604123
| area = 41.58 km²
| elevation = 6 m (22 ft)
| province = Munster
| county = County Waterford
| population = 49,240
| town pop = 45,775
| rural pop = 3,465
| census yr = 2006
| web =
"Waterford" ( or "windy fjord" — meaning "Lárag"s port")"Discover Waterford", by Eamon McEneaney (2001). (ISBN 0-86278-656-8) is the primary city of the South East region of Ireland. Founded in 914 AD by the Vikings, it is the country"s oldest city and its fifth largest. The city is situated at the head of Waterford Harbour ("Loch Dá Chaoch/Cuan Phort Láirge"). The city motto "Urbs Intacta Manet Waterfordia" ("Waterford remains the untaken city") was granted by King Henry VII of England in 1497 after Waterford refused to recognise the claims of the pretenders Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck to the English throne.

Waterford was subjected to two sieges in 1649 and 1650, during the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland. It withstood the first siege but surrendered during the second siege to Henry Ireton on 6 August 1650."A New History of Cromwell"s Irish Campaign", by Philip McKeiver (2007). (ISBN 978-0-9554663-0-4) Discover Waterford, by Eamon McEneaney (2001). (ISBN 0-86278-656-8)

Reginald"s Tower is the oldest urban civic building in Ireland, and the oldest monument to retain its Viking name. To this day, it remains Waterford"s most recognisable landmark. It is believed to be the first building in Ireland to use mortar.
Waterford and the River Suir by night

The population of the city in 2006 was 49,240; of which 45,775 lived within the city limits, and 3,465 lived in the suburbs in County Kilkenny. -

The River Suir, which flows through Waterford city, has provided a basis for its long maritime history. The place where the Nore and the Barrow join the River Suir downriver from Waterford is known in Irish as "Cumar na dTrí Uisce" ("the confluence of the three waters"). Waterford Port has been one of Ireland"s major ports for over a millennium. In the 19th century shipbuilding was a major industry. The owners of the Neptune Shipyard, the Malcomson family, built and operated the largest fleet of iron steamers in the world between the mid-1850s and the late-1860s, including five trans-Atlantic passenger liners.

Today, Waterford is synonymous with Waterford Crystal the world over, a legacy of one of the city"s most successful and enduring industries, glass making. Glass, or crystal, has been manufactured in the city since 1783 until early 2009 Waterford Crystal closed amid crippling debts. Waterford is the sister city of St. John"s, Newfoundland and Labrador and Rochester, New York.

"Main article - History of Waterford"
Waterford born Brigadier General Thomas Francis Meagher
The quay at Waterford c. 1890-1900.
Viking raiders first established a settlement at Waterford in 853. Waterford and all the other longphorts were vacated in 902, the Vikings having been driven out by the native Irish. The Vikings re-established themselves in Ireland at Waterford in 914 and built what would be Ireland"s first city. A list of the city"s rulers from this date to the mayors of the present day can be found in Rulers of Waterford.

In 1167, Diarmuid MacMorrough, King of Leinster, failed in an attempt to take Waterford. He returned in 1170 with Norman mercenaries under Richard de Clare, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (Strongbow); together they besieged and took Waterford after a desperate defence. This was the introduction of the Anglo-Normans into Ireland. In 1171, Henry II of England landed at Waterford. Waterford and then Dublin were declared royal cities, Dublin was declared capital of Ireland.


Throughout the medieval period, Waterford was Ireland"s second city after Dublin. In the fifteenth century Waterford repelled two pretenders to the English throne: Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck. As a result, King Henry VII gave the city its motto: "Urbs Intacta Manet Waterfordia (Waterford remains the untaken city)".

After the Protestant Reformation, Waterford remained a Catholic city and participated in the confederation of Kilkenny - an independent Catholic government from 1642-49. This was ended abruptly by Oliver Cromwell, who brought the country back under English rule; his nephew Henry Ireton finally took Waterford in 1650 after a major siege."A New History of Cromwell"s Irish Campaign", by Philip McKeiver (2007). (ISBN 978-0-9554663-0-4)

The 18th century was a period of huge prosperity for Waterford. Most of the city"s best architecture appeared during this time. In the 19th century, great industries such as glass making and ship building thrived in the city.

In the early 1800s, Waterford City was deemed vulnerable and the British government erected three Martello towers on the Hook Peninsula to reinforce the existing Fort at Duncannon.

The city was represented in the Parliament of the United Kingdom from 1891-1918 by John Redmond MP, leader (from January 1900) of the Irish Parliamentary Party. Redmond, then leader of the pro-Parnell faction of the party, defeated David Sheehy in 1891.

In 1911, Br. Jerome Foley, Br. Dunstan Drumm and Br. Leopold Loughran left Waterford for Malvern, Australia. Here, they founded a Catholic college which is still in existence today
Steve Stefanopolous, "St. Joseph"s Malvern", 2003. Held by the De La Salle College Malvern Archives.

In July 1922, Waterford was the scene of fighting between Irish Free State and Irish Republican troops during the Irish Civil War.

laces of interes
The Three Sisters" mix near the city before flowing into the harbour.
The old city of Waterford consists of various cultural quarters. The oldest is what has been referred to as the Viking triangle. This is the part of the city surrounded by the original 10th century fortifications, which is triangular in shape with its apex at Reginald"s tower. Though this was once the site of a thriving Viking city, the city centre has shifted to the west over the years, and it is now a quiet and tranquil area, dominated by narrow streets, medieval architecture, and civic spaces. Over the past decade, a number of restaurants have opened in High Street and Henrietta Street, taking advantage of the charming character of the area. Much of Waterford"s impressive architecture is to be found in the Viking triangle.

In the 15th century, the city was enlarged with the building of an outer wall on the west side. Today Waterford retains more of its city walls than any other city in Ireland with the exception of Derry, whose walls were built much later. Tours of Waterford"s city walls are conducted daily.

The Quay, once termed by historian Mark Girouard "the noblest quay in Europe", is a mile long from Grattan Quay to Adelphi Quay, though Adelphi Quay is now a residential area. It is still a major focal point for Waterford, commercially and socially, and the face that Waterford presents to those traveling into the city from the north. Near Reginald"s Tower is the William Vincent Wallace Plaza, a monument and amenity built around the time of the millennium that commemorates the Waterford born composer.

John Roberts Square is a pedestrianised area that is one of the main focal points of Waterford"s modern day commercial centre. Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity, Barronstrand Street, Waterford It was named after the city"s most celebrated architect, John Roberts, and was formed from the junction of Barronstrand Street, Broad Street and George"s Street. It is often referred to locally as Red Square, due to the red paving that was used when the area was first pedestrianised. A short distance to the east of John Roberts Square is Arundel Square, another square with a fine commercial tradition, which the City Square shopping centre opens onto.

Ballybricken, in the west, just outside the city walls, is thought to have been Waterford"s Irishtown, a type of settlement that often formed outside Irish cities to house the Vikings and Irish that had been expelled during the Norman conquest of Ireland. Ballybricken is an inner city neighbourhood with a long tradition, centred around Ballybricken hill, which was a large, open market-square. Today it has been converted into a green, civic space, but the Bull Post, where livestock was once bought and sold, still stands as a remnant of the hill"s past.

The Mall is a fine Georgian thoroughfare, built by the Wide Streets Commission in order to extend the city southwards. It contains some of the city"s finest Georgian architecture. The People"s Park, Waterford"s largest and finest park, is located nearby.

Ferrybank in Co Kilkenny is Waterford city"s only suburb north of the river. It contains a village centre of its own. Kilkenny Co Council have granted permission for a number of major retail developments in Ferrybank. One has been completed and the second is currently under construction and due to be completed in January 2009.

In April 2003 an important site combining a 5th century Iron Age and 9th century Viking settlement was discovered at Woodstown near the city, which appears to have been a Viking town that predates all such settlements in Ireland. - Scotch Quay, Waterford

Poet Seán Dunne was born in Waterford in 1956 and grew up in St John"s Park. He attended Mount Sion CBS in Barrack Street and wrote with affection of the city in his memoir "My Father"s House".

Waterford Museum of Treasures, in the Granary on Merchant"s Quay, is the city"s foremost museum, housing a collection spanning over 1,000 years of the city"s history . Reginald"s Tower, the oldest urban civic building in the country, is situated on the Quays/The Mall, in Waterford. It has performed numerous functions over the years and today is a civic museum.

There is a new museum at Mount Sion (Barrack Street) dedicated to the story of Brother Edmund Ignatius Rice and the history of the Christian Brothers and Presentation Brothers. Along with the museum there is a cafe and a new chapel. The new museum was designed by Janvs Design

rt gallerie
The Waterford Municipal Art Gallery has been housed in Greyfriars since 2001. It is the permanent home for the Municipal Art Collection, "A Gem Among Municipal Collections", over 200 paintings by Irish and International artists, including pieces from renowned artists such as Jack B Yeats, Paul Henry, Charles Lamb and Louis Le Brocquy.

Garter Lane Arts Centre is located in two separate restored buildings on O"Connell Street. A new contemporary gallery called Soma opened in 2009 on the Mall.

The Theatre Royal, on The Mall, was built in 1876, as part of a remodelled section of City Hall. It is a U-shaped, Victorian theatre, seating about 600 people.Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford

Garter Lane Arts Centre is housed in two conserved 18th century buildings on O"Connell Street. Garter Lane Gallery, the 18th century townhouse of Samuel Barker contains the gallery and the Bausch & Lomb Dance Studio, and Garter Lane Theatre is based in the beautiful Quaker Meeting House, built in 1792. The theatre was renovated and restored in 2006 and now contains a 164 seat auditorium.

Waterford also has three theatre companies: Red Kettle, Spraoi and Waterford Youth Arts.

Red Kettle is a professional theatre company based in Waterford that regularly performs in Garter Lane Theatre.

Spraoi is a street theatre company based in Waterford. It produces the Spraoi festival, and has participated regularly in the Waterford and Dublin St. Patrick"s day parades, often winning best float. In January 2005 the company staged its biggest and most prestigious production to date, "Awakening", the Opening Show for Cork 2005 European Capital of Culture.

Waterford Youth Arts (WYA), formerly known as Waterford Youth Drama, was established in August 1985. WYA has grown from the voluntary efforts of two individuals and 25 young people, to a fully-structured youth arts organisation with a paid staff and 400 young people taking part each week.

The Spraoi festival, organised by the Spraoi theatre company, is held in Waterford during the summer each year. It attracts crowds in the region of anywhere up to 80,000 people.

The Waterford International Festival of Light Opera is an annual event that has been held in the Theatre Royal since 1959.

The Tall Ships festival, held in Waterford in 2005, marked the start of the Tall Ships race of that year. The Suir river provided a perfect berthing location for the numerous tall ships that lined the north and south quays, for almost a week. The festival attracted in the region of 450,000 people to the city in what was the biggest event ever held in Waterford or the south east. On the 27th March, 2007, it was confirmed that Waterford will host the start of the Tall Ships race again in 2011. Starting from Waterford, Ireland the fleet will race to Greenock in Scotland, starting mid-late June 2011 (exact date to be confimed )

There are two Arts Festivals of note in the city; The Imagine Arts Festival in October and The Fringe Arts Festival in September.

Waterford Film For All (WFFA) is a non-profit film society whose aim is to offer an alternative to the cineplex experience in Waterford. WFFA conduct much of its activities on the Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) campus.

Waterford city has two cinema. The older of the two is now closed the 5-screen Waterford Cineplex on Patrick St., which was the city"s only cinema for many years. The other is the 8-screen Storm Cinema in the Railway Square complex.

Also, situated in Dungarvan is the SGC cinema, one of the few cinemas in Ireland that has 3D capabilities.

There are three public libraries in the city, all operated by Waterford City Council: Central Library, in Lady Lane; Ardkeen Library, in the Ardkeen shopping centre on the Dunmore Road; and Brown"s Road Library, on Paddy Brown"s Road.

Central Library, or Waterford City Library, opened in 1905. It was the first of many Irish libraries funded by businessman Andrew Carnegie (Carnegie funded 2,509 libraries across the world). It was renovated in 2004 for its centenary.

Waterford United is a team in the League of Ireland First Division. Waterford United"s origins are as Waterford Football Club which was formed in 1930 and joined the League of Ireland the same year. The Club which changed its name to United in 1982 played its games in the city"s greyhound racing stadium at Kilcohan Park. At the end of the 1992/93 season, the Club were granted the use of the Regional Sports Centre, due to the absence of owning their own pitch. The Club has had mixed fortunes through its history, success peaking in a near decade spell of domination of the domestic game between 1965 and 1973 which led to games being played at European level against teams that included Manchester United and Celtic. The club"s last trophy win was the First Division in 2003. Since then Waterford United has bounced between the two League of Ireland divisions changing managers frequently.

Successful Waterford born or raised football players include Jim Beglin, John O"Shea and Daryl Murphy. There is a common misconception that Stephen Hunt was born in Waterford but he was actually born in Co Laois. He was however raised from a young age in the Rathgormack area of east Waterford along with his brother Noel Hunt.

Mount Sion GAAis a local GAA Gaelic Athletic Association club. Other Clubs include :Erin"s Own GAA (Waterford) , De La Salle, Ballygunner GAA.

The skate scene in Waterford has grown substantially in the past 15 years. Two skate parks have been built recently, one in Tramore and one in the Peoples Park.

Waterford Boat Club is the oldest active sports club in Waterford established in 1878. Located on Scotch Quay the club has had great success in recent years with several national championships and numerous medals in Europe. Several Waterford rowers have been selected to row for Ireland recently.

Waterford City has 15 elected representatives (councillors) who sit on Waterford City Council. The city is divided into 3 "wards" (or areas) and residents in these areas are restricted to voting for candidates located in their ward for local elections. A mayor is then elected by the councillors every year. The current Mayor of Waterford is Cllr John Halligan.

Mary O"Halloran who was mayor during 2007/2008 was the first woman to hold the post.

The office of the Mayor of Waterford was established 1377. Each major is elected for a 1 year term, and there is no limit to the number of terms an individual may serve. See rulers of Waterford.

For general elections, the city is part of the Waterford constituency, which covers the whole county and has been allocated 4 seats in Dáil Éireann. There are no such ward restrictions for these elections and voters are entitled to vote for any candidate throughout the city and county.

Waterford Local Radio (WLR FM) is available on 94.8FM on the Coast, 95.1FM in the County and on 97.5FM in Waterford City WLR FM is Waterford"s local radio station. It serves a potential audience of 170,000 people, and 75% of all adults in Waterford tune in weekly.

Beat 102-103 is a regional youth radio station broadcasting across the South East of Ireland, it is based at "The Broadcast Centre" in Ardkeen, along with sister station WLR FM . It serves a population of about 450,000, and in August 2006 it had a 49% share of the south east market.

Radio Telefís Éireann"s south eastern studio is located in the City Square shopping centre, in the city. The local correspondents are Damien Tiernan (South East Correspondent) and Helen McInerny (South East Reporter).

Waterford Report is a once weekly television programme on City Channel covering local news in Waterford. It is now presented by Mark Staunton. It is available only on cable and mmds from NTL (Channel 107). The programme is repeated twice every day. The service began on 1 November 2006, and broadcasts to homes across Waterford City and County. Previous presenters include: Aoibhin Fallon (WLR FM), Mary O"Neill and Janice Corrigan (Beat 102 103, WLR FM).

rint medi
The Munster Express is Waterford"s only remaining broadsheet format newspaper. It has its office on the Quay in Waterford City and covers stories from across the city and county.

The Waterford News & Star is based on Michael Street in Waterford City. It covers Waterford city and county. It is now published in tabloid format.

Waterford Today is an advertising supported free newspaper. It is delivered to most homes in the Waterford city area and is also available in many shops across the east of the county. Its newly refurbished offices are at the Mayors Walk in the city.

The Munster Express, Waterford News and Star and Waterford Today are in the shops on Wednesdays. The Munster Express "Late Edition" comes out on Fridays.

The city is served by 21 primary schools- Education Ireland and 9 secondary schools.- Education Ireland

There are 2 third level institutions in Waterford: Waterford Institute of Technology, which is currently being considered for university status and the Waterford College of Further Education. Waterford is the only city in the Republic of Ireland without a National University.

The Quaker co-educational boarding school, Newtown School is situated in Waterford, east of the city centre.

Waterpark College is a secondary school in the city of Waterford, Ireland. The school was established in 1892 on the banks of the River Suir as Waterfords" first classical school , and still provides a secondary education to boys from Waterford City, County and the surrounding area.

ransport and infrastructur
alt=An orange train can e seen across a river. In the background is a large hill and the bearing post of a big single post suspension bridge.
Waterford currently provides access to five primary means of transport; Road, Rail, Bus, Air and Sea.

Waterford is connected to other major centres via the N9 to Dublin, Or the (M9) Motorway the N25 to Cork (west) and Rosslare (east) and the N24 to Limerick.

In and around the city itself, the N25 Waterford Bypass is now Open and is not Routed into the City Centre it is Bypassing Waterford City. Traffic Can Go into the City Centre by the "Outer Ring Road". The Outer Ring Road (R710), is a major road that encircles the south of the city. Since the Bypass is now open, it will be possible to travel in a circle almost the entire way around the city, from the Dunmore Road to Slieverue in County Kilkenny.
The current river crossing/ bridge, is named after the founder of the Christian Brothers, Edmund Ignatius Rice ( Rice Bridge ).

The main railway station servicing Waterford city is Plunkett (named in honour of nationalist leader Joseph Plunkett). It is located across Edmund Rice bridge on the north side of the Suir. Waterford railway station opened on 26 August 1864.

There are seven daily connections to Dublin; four daily connections to Limerick Junction; and one direct daily connection each way to Rosslare Europort and onwards to Wexford & Enniscorthy. There are no direct passenger services between Waterford and Cork since the Waterford to Mallow line closed to passengers in 1967. A change at Limerick Junction allows passengers to join the Dublin-Cork line. There is a direct line between Waterford and Limerick, but passengers must change at Limerick Junction on all services. There is also a direct line to Rosslare Europort. The Waterford to Ballinacourty railway, part of the Mallow branch, was preserved to allow for freight to be transported from Quigley Magnesite. The line shut in 1982 with the shock closure of Quigley Magnesite and the line was finally lifted in 1993.

The line to New Ross closed to passengers in 1964 and to freight rail in 1976. The Waterford to Tramore Railway closed in 1961.

The Waterford & Suir Valley Railway follows 6 km of the old Waterford to Dungarvan/Cork route on a narrow gauge line. It is a heritage route that runs between Waterford and Kilmeaden. The panoramic views from this line are considered to be exceptional.

Bus services are provided by Bus Éireann to all major Irish centres, and by J.J. Kavanagh & Sons to locations such as Dublin and Carlow. The Bus Éireann station is located on the quays opposite Dooleys Hotel and J.J. Kavanagh & Sons stop at both the Bus Éireann station and on Parnell Street. Bus Éireann have ten daily services to Dublin Monday to Saturday with five on a Sunday. J.J. Kavanagh & Sons have ten daily departures to Dublin Monday to Saturday and nine on a Sunday.

City bus services are provided by Bus Éireann and by J.J. Kavanagh & Sons.

Waterford Airport, serves Waterford and the south east region. Aer Arann is currently the only carrier operating out of the airport. It is currently possible to fly between Waterford and Birmingham, London Luton and Manchester in the UK. From 1 May 2008, Summer flights will resume to Lorient (France), Bordeaux (France), Faro (Portugal), Malaga (Spain) and Amsterdam. All users of the airport are subject to a €5 tax which must be paid in cash Waterford Airport is Currently Extending Its Runaway And Building A New Terminal it Can Handling 1 Million A Year.

There is an air sea rescue service operating out of Waterford Airport from a dedicated Irish Coastguard base . This operation is currently contracted to a private operator, CHC Ireland. Rescue cover is provided by a Sikorsky S-61. A reserve S-61 helicopter is also based here.
Waterford airport is also the base of the Pilot Training College, which trains pilots up to and including commercial pilot rating.

The Port of Waterford is a major Irish port and the closest one to mainland Europe. The port is on the River Suir, at Belview, County Kilkenny, 16 km (10 miles) from the open sea. It handles lo-lo, bulk liquid, bulk solid and breakbulk/general cargoes. It is the fastest growing port in Ireland. In 2005, 776 vessels called at the port carrying a total of 2.6 million tonnes of cargo. Container throughput in 2005 was 137,453 laden 6m (20 ft) equivalent units.
Waterford is also a port of call for many cruise liners. The famous Queen Elizabeth 2 has visited while many small liners can make it up river to the inner port in the heart of the city.
The port hosted the Tall Ships race in 2005 and will do so again in 2011.

The closest passenger port is Rosslare Europort in County Wexford (72 km (45 miles) away by road), which has services to Fishguard, Pembroke Dock, Cherbourg, Roscoff and Le Havre.


nternational relation

win towns — Sister citie
Waterford is twinned with:

ee als
* Blaa - A doughy, white bread roll particular to Waterford City
* Deise - The colloquial term for the region
* John"s River - A river that runs through Waterford City.
* List of towns and villages in Ireland
* List of Waterford people
* Little Island - An island within Waterford City.
* The People"s Park - Waterford"s largest park and green space.
* The Three Sisters: The River Barrow, River Nore and River Suir
* Waterford Crystal - world famous glassware factory
* Waterford, CT, a town of the same name on the Connecticut coast.
* Waterford Museum of Treasures - Museum for historical artifacts associated with Waterford city.
* Woodstown - Early Viking Settlement discovered near Waterford in 2003, on the banks of the River Suir.

* at Wiktionary

Dieser Artikel stammt aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und kann dort bearbeitet werden. Der Text ist unter der Lizenz Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike verfügbar. Fassung vom 04.08.2020 13:31 von den Wikipedia-Autoren.


Kommentare zu diesem Artikel
Neuer Kommentar
Name *
Email * (wird nicht öffentlich angezeigt)
* Pflichtangaben
Diesen Artikel empfehlen

Absender Empfänger Nachricht (optional)

Tipps der Redaktion aus dem Reiseportal
"Dublin" (, or ) is the largest city (being a primate city) and capital of Ireland. It is officially known in Irish as "Baile Átha Cliath" or "Áth Cliath" ; the English name comes from the Irish "Dubh Linn" meaning "black pool". It is located
"Dublin" (, or ) is the largest city (being a primate city) and capital of Ireland. It is officially known in Irish as "Baile Átha Cliath" or "Áth Cliath" ; the English name comes from the Irish "Dubh Linn" meaning "black pool". It is located
"Cork" may refer to:* Cork Oak, a deciduous tree** Cork material, used for bottle stoppers and noteboard, obtained from the Cork Oak* County Cork, a county in Ireland* Cork (city), a city in County Cork**For related terms, see Cork, Ireland* Cork
"Cork" may refer to:* Cork Oak, a deciduous tree** Cork material, used for bottle stoppers and noteboard, obtained from the Cork Oak* County Cork, a county in Ireland* Cork (city), a city in County Cork**For related terms, see Cork, Ireland* Cork
"Cork" may refer to:* Cork Oak, a deciduous tree** Cork material, used for bottle stoppers and noteboard, obtained from the Cork Oak* County Cork, a county in Ireland* Cork (city), a city in County Cork**For related terms, see Cork, Ireland* Cork
"Cork" may refer to:* Cork Oak, a deciduous tree** Cork material, used for bottle stoppers and noteboard, obtained from the Cork Oak* County Cork, a county in Ireland* Cork (city), a city in County Cork**For related terms, see Cork, Ireland* Cork
Tipps der Redaktion aus dem Nachrichtenportal
There comes a time in everyone’s life when they have to address the age-old question: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” As a child, it’s easy to pick all the awesome jobs such as the president, an astronaut, or a rock star. However,
Jan Tombinski, Head of the EU delegation to Ukraine, expressed full support to the new Ukrainian government and stated that the country and the new government are facing a multiplied crisis which is why it is vital, among other things, to ensure
Hosts Brazil escaped Chile 3-2 on a penalty shoot-out to reach the World Cup quarter-finals Saturday, thanks to two saves from Julio Cesar, the goalpost and successful spot kicks from David Luiz, Marcelo and Neymar. Belo Horinzonte, Brazil (dpa) -
Germany became the first team in the history of the World Cup to reach four consecutive semi-finals with a 1-0 victory over France Friday and the media praised the men who achieved the feat. Berlin (dpa) - "Adieu, les Bleus!" screamed
Defenders Thiago Silva and David Luiz were both on target Friday in Fortaleza, where Brazil defeated Colombia 2-1 to book a place against Germany in the World Cup's semi-finals. Fortaleza, Brazil (dpa) - James Rodriguez pulled one back for Colombia
Germany dealt shell-shocked Brazil a remarkable 7-1 thrashing Tuesday to advance to the World Cup final, in a match that quickly turned into a nightmare for the host nation. Belo Horizonte, Brazil (dpa) - Thomas Mueller struck 11 minutes into the


(04.08.2020 13:31)

2 / 7 °C

1 / 5 °C
2 / 6 °C
powered by
Stock News


Agenda - The Week Ahea ...
Agenda - The Week Ahea ...

Afghan Farah Governor ...
Ministry Warns Cinema ...

How Short Attention Sp ...
Puigdemont won't seek ...

URGENT: Norway's Bjoe ...
China highlights Beiji ...

© europe online publishing house GmbH, Weiden, Germany, | Impressum