Skiurlaub- günstig mit FeWo-direkt
ITS | Jahn | Tjaereborg


Bundesliga-Tickets mit Garantie!


     
Hotelsuche in 
 

Hastings

Great Britain, Hastings
Von Wikipedia - die freie Nachrichtenenzyklopädie   auf Facebook posten  Auf Twitter posten  


"" is a town and Borough on the coast of East Sussex in England. It includes originally separate settlements, as well as the inevitable growth of the town through the building of new estates.

In historical terms, can claim fame through its connection with the Norman conquest of England; and also because it became one of the medieval Cinque Ports. was, for centuries, an important fishing port; although much reduced, it has the largest beach-based fishing fleet in England. As with many other such places, the town became a watering place in the 1760s, and then, with the coming of the railway, a seaside resort.
The Town is sometimes referred to as "the birthplace of television" since the pioneer of television, John Logie Baird, lived at 21 Linton Crescent from 1922 to 1924.

The attraction of as a tourist destination continues; although the numbers of hotels has decreased, it caters for wider tastes, being home to internationally-based cultural and sporting events, such as chess and running. It has set out to become "a modern European town" and seeks to attract commercial business in the many industrial sites round the borough.

oponym
The earliest mention of is found in the late 8th century in the form "Hastingas". This is derived from the Old English tribal name "Hæstingas", meaning "Hæsta"s people", "the family/followers of Hæsta". Symeon of Durham records the victory of Offa in 771 over the "Hestingorum gens", that is, "the people of the tribe", and the same tribe gave their name to Hastingleigh in Kent. An alternative form of the name, "Hæstingaceaster", is found in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle entry for 1050.Eilert Ekwall, "The Oxford Dictionary of English Place Names", Oxford University Press 1936.Patrick Hanks and Flavia Hodges, "The Oxford Names Companion", Oxford University Press 2002. ISBN 0-19-860561-7

istor
arly histor
There is evidence of prehistoric settlements at the site of the town: flint arrowheads and Bronze Age artefacts have been found; Iron Age forts have been excavated on both the East and West Hills suggests an early move to the safety of the valley in between, so that the settlement was already a port when the Romans arrived in Britain for the first time in 55 BC. At this time they began to exploit the iron (Wealden rocks provide a plentiful supply of the ore), and so the port was useful to them. One of the many local sites where the iron was worked at Beauport Park, to the north of the town, which employed up to one thousand men and is considered to have been the third largest in the Roman Empire.

With the departure of the Romans the town suffered setbacks. The Beauport site had been abandoned; and natural and man-made attacks began. The Sussex coast has always suffered from occasional violent storms; with the additional hazard of longshore drift (the eastward movement of shingle along the coast) the coastline has been frequently changing. The original Roman port could now well be under the sea.

Man-made attacks possibly included the Danish invaders, with their harbour in the west of the borough. Bulverhythe, where its original site is conjectured, suggests that: "-hythe" or "hithe" means a port or small haven. A royal mint in was established in AD 928 during the reign of Athelstan.

edieval
The start of the Norman Conquest was the Battle of , fought on 14 October 1066; although the battle itself took place eight miles to the north at Senlac Hill, and William had landed on the coast between and Eastbourne at a site now known as Norman"s Bay. It is thought that the Norman encampment was on the town’s outskirts, where there was open ground; a new town was already being built in the valley to the east. That "New Burgh" was founded in 1069, and is mentioned in the Domesday Book as such. William defeated and killed Harold Godwinson, the last Saxon King of England, and destroyed his army; thus opening England to the Norman conquest.

William caused a castle to be built at probably using the earthworks of the existing Saxon castle.

was shown as a borough by the time of the Domesday Book (1086); it had also given its name to the Rape of , one of the six administrative divisions of Sussex. As a borough, had a corporation consisting of a "bailiff, jurats, and commonalty". By a Charter of Elizabeth I in 1589 the bailiff was replaced by a mayor.

and the se
The beach and pier
By the end of the Saxon period, the port of had moved eastward near the present town centre in the Priory Stream valley, whose entrance was protected by the White Rock headland (since demolished). It was to be a short stay: Danish attacks and huge floods in 1011 and 1014 motivated the townspeople to relocate to the New Burgh.

In the Middle Ages became one of the Cinque Ports; Sandwich, Dover, and New Romney being the first, , and Hythe followed, all finally being joined by Rye and Winchelsea, at one point 42 towns were directly or indirectly affiliated to the group.

In the 13th century much of the town was washed away by the sea. During a naval campaign of 1339, and again in 1377, the town was raided and burnt by the French, and seems then to have gone into a decline. As a port, " days were finished.

had suffered over the years from the lack of a natural harbour, and there have been attempts to create a sheltered harbour. Attempts were made to build a stone harbour during the reign of Elizabeth I, but the foundations were destroyed by the sea in terrible storms. The last harbour project began in 1896, but this also failed when structural problems and rising costs
exhausted all the available funds. Today a fractured seawall is all that remains of what might have become a magnificent harbour. In 1897 the foundation stone was laid of a large concrete structure, but there was insufficient money to complete the work and the "Harbour arm" remains uncompleted. It was partially blown up to discourage possible use by German invasion forces during World War II. The fishing boats are still stored on and launched from the beach.

was now a small fishing settlement, but it was soon discovered that the new taxes on luxury goods could be made profitable by smuggling, and the town was ideally located for that. Near the castle ruins, on the West Hill, are "St Clement"s Caves", partly natural, but mainly excavated by hand by the smugglers from the soft sandstone. Their trade was to come to an end with the period following the Napoleonic Wars, for the town became one of the most fashionable resorts in Britain, brought about by the so-called properties of seawater. Once this came about the expansion of the town took place, to the west, since there was little space left in the valley.

It was at this time that the elegant Pelham Crescent and Wellington Square were built: other building followed. In the Crescent is the classical style church of St Mary in the Castle (its name recalling the old chapel in the castle above) now in use as an arts centre. The building of the crescent and the church necessitated further cutting away of the castle hill cliffs. Once that move away from the old town had begun, it led to the further expansion along the coast, eventually linking up with the new St Leonards.

Like many coastal towns, the population of grew significantly as a result of the construction of railway links and the fashionable growth of seaside holidays during the Victorian era. In 1801 its population was a mere 3,175; by 1831 it had reached over ten thousand; by 1891 it was almost sixty thousand, and the 2001 census reported over 85,000 inhabitants.

In the 1930s the town underwent some rejuvenation. Seaside resorts were starting to go out of fashion: perhaps more than most. The town council set about a huge rebuilding project, among which the promenade was rebuilt; and an Olympic-size bathing pool was erected. The latter, regarded in its day as one of the best open-air swimming and diving complexes in Europe, closed some years ago. The area is still known by locals as "The Bathing Pool".

overnanc
returned two Members of Parliament from the 14th century to 1885 since when it has returned one. It has been contained since 1983 in the parliamentary constituency of and Rye; the current MP, since 1997, is Michael Foster of the Labour Party. Prior to 1983, the town was in an eponymous seat of its own.

, it is thought, was a Saxon town before the arrival of the Normans: the Domesday Book refers to a "new Borough": as a borough, had a corporation consisting of a "bailiff, jurats, and commonalty". Its importance was such that it also gave its name to one of the six Rapes or administrative districts of Sussex.

By a Charter of Elizabeth I in 1589 the bailiff was replaced by a mayor, by which time the town"s importance was dwindling. In the Georgian era, patronage of such seaside places (such as nearby Brighton) gave it a new lease of life so that, when the time came with the reform of English local government in 1888, became a County Borough, responsible for all its local services, independent of the surrounding county, then Sussex (East); less than one hundred years later, in 1974, that status was abolished.

Borough Council is now in the second tier of local government, below East Sussex County Council. The Borough is divided into sixteen electoral wards as shown on the map, they are in four areas, as below. Some explanation of the ward names is also given:



Suburbs
The most notable suburbs of are Ore, St Leonards on Sea, Silverhill, Bulverhythe, and Hollington.



eograph
town centre and the Memorial from an old postcard
town centre in 2005
is situated where the sandstone beds, at the heart of the Weald, known geologically as the Sands, meet the English Channel, forming tall cliffs to the east of the town. Old Town is in a sheltered valley between the East Hill and West Hill (on which the remains of the Castle stand). In Victorian times and later the town has spread westwards and northwards, and now forms a single urban centre with the more suburban area of St Leonards-on-Sea to the west. Roads from the Old Town valley lead towards the Victorian area of Clive Vale and the former village of Ore, from which "The Ridge", marking the effective boundary of , extends north-westwards towards Battle. Beyond Bulverhythe, the western end of is marked by low-lying land known as Glyne Gap, separating it from Bexhill-on-Sea.

The sandstone cliffs have been the subject of considerable erosion in relatively recent times: much of the Castle was lost to the sea before the present sea defences and promenade were built, and a number of cliff-top houses are in danger of disappearing around the nearby village of Fairlight.

The beach is mainly shingle, although wide areas of sand are uncovered at low tide. The town is generally built upon a series of low hills rising to above sea level at "The Ridge" before falling back in the river valley further to the north.

The town also has a large Victorian park, Alexandra Park.

There are three Sites of Special Scientific Interest within the borough; Marline Valley Woods, Combe Haven and Cliffs To Pett Beach. Marline Valley Woods lies within the Ashdown ward of . It is an ancient woodland of pedunculate oak-hornbeam which is uncommon nationally. Sussex Wildlife trust own part of the site. Combe Haven is another site of biological interest, with alluvial meadows, and the largest reed bed in the county, providing habitat for breeding birds. It is in the West St Leonards ward, stretching into the parish of Crowhurst. The final SSSI, Cliffs to Pett Beach, is within the Ore ward of , extending into the neighbouring Fairlight and Pett parishes. The site runs along the coast and is of both biological and geological interest. The cliffs hold many fossils and has many habitats, including ancient woodland and shingle beaches.

emograph
suffers at a disadvantage insofar as growth is concerned because of its restricted situation, lying as it does with the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to the north. Redevelopment of the area is partly hampered by the split administration of the combined and Bexhill economic region between and Rother district councils. There is little space for further large-scale housing and employment growth. Most of the jobs within the Borough are concentrated on health, public services, retail and education. 85% of the firms (in 2005) employed fewer than 10 people; as a consequence the unemployment rate was 3.3% ("cf." East Sussex 1.7%); and almost one-third of the employable population had no skills at all in 2001.

This situation has now become the subject of parliamentary consideration, and regeneration of the Borough is now being considered at that level. From being the third tourist resort in the country 50 years ago, has still not been able to shake off its over-reliance on tourism. Urban regeneration was deemed essential: too many of the buildings once used as hotels are still unfit for modern use; many of them are now refugee accommodation. There is a lack of highly-skilled job opportunities, and education standards are low. In addition has the highest proportion of elderly people in the UK.

rim



conom
Two of " beach-launched fishing fleet with part of Old Town and East Cliff Railway in background
Until the development of tourism, fishing was " major industry. The beach launched fishing fleet, based at the Stade remains Europe"s largest and has recently won accreditation for its sustainable methods. The fleet has been based on the same beach, below the cliffs at , for at least 400, possibly 600, years. Its longevity attributed to the prolific fishing ground of Rye Bay nearby.

fishing vessels are registered at Rye, and thus bear the letters "RX" ("R"ye,Susse"X").

Near the Royal Victoria Hotel there is the "Conquerors Stone" where William of Normandy was supposed to have eaten his first breakfast in England.

Net "shops"
On the beach near the Old Town are the so-called "net shops", said to be unique to , but similar buildings can be found in Whitby and Folkestone. These are wooden constructions, weatherboarded and tarred, of various shapes and sizes, used for storage. The buildings were built tall and narrow to avoid payment of ground tax. Net shops were not used for drying nets, instead they were used to store them. Fishing nets were made from natural material. They needed to be dry before being hung in a net shop otherwise they would rot. Nets were dried on the beach or on the piece of land known as the Minnis. The net huts are covered with traditional "clinker" weather-boarding and most of them measure about 25 feet in height by 8 feet square.

During the past 150 years, many net huts have been destroyed by stormy seas, and in the 1950s some of them were demolished by the Council as part of a clearance scheme for development of the beach. About forty-five of these structures still survive and are regularly maintained.

Transport
oa
There are two major roads in : the A21 trunk road to London; and the A259 coastal road. Both are beset with traffic problems: although the London road, which has to contend with difficult terrain, has had several sections of widening over the past decades there are still many delays. Long-term plans for a much improved A259 east–west route (including a bypass) were abandoned in the 1990s, but a new road to Bexhill-on-Sea is planned to relieve the congested coastal route. is also linked to Battle via the A2100, the original London road. The A28 road connects to Ashford, Canterbury and the Isle of Thanet. The A27 road starts nearby at Pevensey. The Ring road includes parts of most of the main roads.

The town is served by Stagecoach buses on routes that serve the town; and also extend to Bexhill, Eastbourne and Dover. National Express Coaches run service 538 to London.

ai
1914 Railway Junction Diagram of area lines and stations; the Bexhill West branch and the West Marina station have since closed.
has four rail links: two to London, one to Brighton and one to Ashford. Of the London lines, the shorter is the Line, the former South Eastern Railway (SER) route to Charing Cross via Battle and Tunbridge Wells, which opened in 1852; and the longer is the East Coastway Line, the former London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LBSCR) route to Victoria via Bexhill, Eastbourne and Lewes. Trains to Brighton also use the East Coastway Line. The Marshlink Line runs via Rye to Ashford where a connection can be made with Eurostar services, and is unelectrified except for the -Ore segment.

is served by two rail companies: Southeastern and Southern.
Southeastern services run along the Line, generally terminating at , with some peak services extending to Ore; the other lines are served by Southern, with services terminating at Ore or Ashford.

The town currently has four railway stations: from west to east they are West St Leonards station, St Leonards Warrior Square, , and OreOre; this latter has been proposed to be renamed to Ore Valley. There is also one closed station and one proposed station in the area. West Marina station (on the LBSCR line) was very near West St Leonards (on the SER line) and was closed some years ago. A new station has been proposed at Glyne Gap in Bexhill, which would also serve residents from western . A high speed railway from BexhillBexhill to OreOre has been proposed.

The "East Hill Lift": one of the two funicular railways in
There are two funicular railways, known locally as the West Hill and East Hill Lifts respectively.

ath
The Saxon Shore Way, (a long distance footpath, 163 miles (262 km) in length from Gravesend, Kent traces the Kent and Sussex coast “as it was in Roman times” to . The National Cycle Network route NCR2 links Dover to St Austell along the south coast, and passes through .

istorical transport system
urnpik
became part of the Turnpike road system in 1837, when builder James Burton was building his new town of St Leonards. The route of the road is that taken by the A21 today.

ram
had a network of trams from 1905 to 1929. The trams ran as far as Bexhill, and were worked by overhead electric wires, except for the stretch along the seafront from Bo-Peep to the Memorial, which was initially worked by the Dolter stud contact system. The Dolter system was replaced by petrol electric trams in 1914, but overhead electrification was extended to this section in 1921. Trolleybuses rather than trams were used in the section that included the very narrow High Street, and the entire tram system was replaced by trolleybuses in 1928–1929.Robert J Harley, " Tramways". Middleton Press 1993. ISBN 1 873793 18 9.

Maidstone and District bought the Tramway Company in 1935, but the trolleybuses still carried the " Tramways" logo until shortly before they were replaced by diesel buses in 1959, following the failure of the "Save our trolleys" campaign.

andmark
Marine Court
The iconic landmarks, due to their being frequently used in the town"s tourist publicity, are almost certainly the castle on its sandstone cliffs, and Pier. Little remains of the Castle apart from an arch of the chapel, some walls, and underground dungeons. The pier itself is closed due to its being considered in an unsafe condition. Violent storms during mid March 2008 have damaged the structure further.

In a similar vein, the old town of is certainly a landmark. Many of the buildings there today date from the time when the Georgians arrived here to "take the waters", although the two churches (see below) are very much older. An example of the houses is East Cliff House, designed and built between 1760 and 1762 by Edward Capell, the Shakespearean critic and official censor of plays, at a cost of £5,000. The house was constructed on the site of the old East Fort, with a gun platform that may have been adapted to form the front terrace of the building. The house was abandoned during the Second World War and, from then on, it became a bingo centre and then a seafront cafe.

An important former landmark was "the Memorial", a clock tower commemorating Albert the Prince Consort which stood for many years at the traffic intersection at the town centre, but was demolished following an arson attack in the 1970s.

On the seafront at St Leonards is Marine Court, a 1930s block of flats in the Art Deco style that is said to represent an ocean liner.

ducatio
View of houses from the East Hill Lift top entrance
View of houses from the East Hill Lift top entrance at night

The school founded by Rev William Parker in 1619 and that founded by James Saunders in 1709 were eventually amalgamated to form Grammar School, which later became the William Parker Sports College. It is now the only all-boys secondary school in East Sussex.
There is also a single-sex school for girls in , called Helenswood, named after St Helenswood situated close by the school.

East Sussex County Council has plans to close three mixed comprehensive schools (Filsham School, The Grove School and Hillcrest School) and replace them with two academy schools. The proposed sponsors for the academies are University of Brighton (lead sponsor), British Telecom and East Sussex County Council itself. As of December 2008 the proposals are awaiting approval of the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families. East Sussex County Council provisionally approved the closure of Hillcrest, the Grove and Filsham Valley in late-November, and has announced that a final decision will be made on the schools" future in January 2010. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/8375979.stm

eligious building
The most important buildings from the late medieval period are the two churches in the Old Town, St Clement"s (probably built after 1377) and All Saints (early 15th century).Nairn, Ian, and Pevsner, Nikolaus, "The Buildings of England: Sussex", Page 119. Penguin, 1965
There is also a Muslim mosque, formerly "Mercatoria School" until purchased by the East Sussex Islamic Association.

ultur
has three museums: the Museum and Art Gallery; the Old Town Hall Museum; and the Fishermen"s Museum. These are all open for the whole year. The Museum and Art Gallery includes a Durbar Hall representing an Indian palace, donated by Lord Brassey.

There are two places providing a theatrical venue: the White Rock Theatre the town"s multipurpose venue; and the "Stables Theatre", which shows mainly local productions and acts as an arts exhibition centre. Among other uses to which the main theatre is put is to host the annual " Music Festival". There is a small Odeon cinema in , however there are plans to renovate an area known as the "Priory Quarter" in the town centre. Some of the plans include large office spaces, retail units and a new large multiplex cinema. The town has its own independent cinema known as "Electric Palace".

The International Chess Congress which started in 1882 attracts international players to . The Writers" Group claims to be one of the oldest in the country: it was established in 1947.

has long been known as a retreat for artists and painters. For example, the pre-Raphaelite painters including Dante Gabriel Rossetti (who married here in ) and William Holman Hunt, who painted pictures of nearby cliffs at Fairlight, admired the town for its light and clear air .

isitor attraction
The town has its fair share of "visitor attractions". These are mostly clustered around the Fishmarket, near the dropping-off place for the coaches, and include a miniature railway, fairground rides and amusement arcades; there are also many refreshment places in this area of the town. The nearby cliff railways take visitors further afield: to the Caves; and to Country Park, an area of 12.67 km² (6.9 miles²) of lightly wooded and open land extending from approximately 3 miles (5 km) along the cliff tops to Fairlight.

The Blue Reef Aquarium (formerly Underwater World) is a popular visitor attraction, as is the "Smugglers" Adventure" in St Clement"s Caves.

Events
Pier and beach in the Winter
Pier at sunset
The largest annual event is the May Day bank holiday weekend, which features a Jack-in-the-Green festival (revived since 1983), and the Maydayrun, when tens of thousands of motorbikes drive to .

There is also a yearly carnival, and Old Town Week during August, a beer festival in Alexandra Park, and a Seafood and Wine Festival in the Old Town. During week held each year around 14 October the Bonfire Society stages a torchlight procession through the streets, with a beach bonfire and spectacular firework display. In 2007 the World Crazy Golf Championship was held at the Adventure Crazy Golf Course.

por
There are many organisations and venues catering for the sports enthusiast including angling, golf, lawn tennis, riding, rowing and swimming. The Summerfields Leisure Centre provides the largest venue. Another family pool (although outside the borough) with wave machine and water slide is situated at Glyne Gap, on the coast mid-way between Bexhill and .

The Half Marathon is becoming well-known around the country, being voted the best race of its kind three years running, and has become known as the unofficial "Great South Run". With numbers increasing every year, in 2009 the race had nearly 5,000 entries.

As for team sports, is home to one senior football club, United, who play in the Isthmian League Premier Division and use The Pilot Field as their home ground. There are also many other football clubs in that play in the East Sussex Football League, such as Hollington United and Rangers. The town"s premier cricket venue is now Horntye Park Sports Complex, home of Priory. The previous venue, where Priory Meadow Shopping Centre now stands, saw the final game played in 1989.

is home to two major rugby clubs, & Bexhill R.F.C and Cinque Ports Rugby Club. & Bexhill play their home matches at William Parker Sports College and play in Division Four of the London Rugby Union League. Cinque Ports play in the Sussex Rugby Union League and play at The Grove School. " main hockey club is South Saxons, who play and train on the town"s only AstroTurf surface at Horntye Park Sports Complex. The AstroTurf is also used for other sports such as football.

One of the athletics clubs in the & Rother Area is Athletics Club: it uses the running track at William Parker Sports College, the only running track in the area. A very popular sport in the town is bowls: there are plenty of greens in the town. The Open Bowls Tournament has been held annually in June since 1911 and attracts many entrants country-wide.

oted resident


ilmograph
*Is Anybody There? (2007).
*Foyle"s War. (TV, 2002 onwards).
*When I was 12 (2001).
*The Final Curtain (2000).
*Some Voices (2000).
*Last of the Blonde Bombshells (1999).
*Grey Owl (1999).
*I Want You (1998).

xternal link
*
*

References
ote


ibliograph


*
*
*
*
*
*"Down the Line to " Brian Jewell, The Baton Press ISBN 0 85936 223 X
*Robert J Harley, " Tramways". Middleton Press 1993. ISBN 1 873793 18 9.
*Nairn, Ian, and Pevsner, Nikolaus, "The Buildings of England: Sussex", Page 119. Penguin, 1965
*








Category:Local government in East Sussex
Category:Seaside resorts in England
Category:Shire districts
Category:Towns in East Sussex
*
Category:Cinque ports
Category:Coastal settlements in East Sussex

af:
ar:هيستنغس
br:
bg:Хейстингс
cs:
cy:
da:
de:
es:
eo:
fr: (Grande-Bretagne)
it: (Inghilterra)
lb:
nah:, Sussex Tlāpcopa
nl: (Engeland)
ja:ヘイスティングス
no:
nn:
pl:
pt:
ro:
ru:Гастингс
simple:
fi:
sv:
vo:
zh:海斯廷斯
Dieser Artikel stammt aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und kann dort bearbeitet werden. Der Text ist unter der Lizenz Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike verfügbar. Fassung vom 14.08.2018 12:44 von den Wikipedia-Autoren.
Overview
 

 

Kommentare zu diesem Artikel
 
Neuer Kommentar
Name *
Email * (wird nicht öffentlich angezeigt)
Kommentar
* Pflichtangaben
 
Diesen Artikel empfehlen

Absender Empfänger Nachricht (optional)
Name
E-Mail

Name
E-Mail
   
 
 
Tipps der Redaktion aus dem Reiseportal
 
REISEPORTAL
The "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" (the "United Kingdom" or the "UK") is a constitutional monarchy comprising most of the British Isles. The Union comprises four constituent nations: England,
"Great Britain" (informally "Britain") is an island situated to the northwest of Continental Europe. It is the ninth largest island in the world, and the largest European island, as well as the largest of the . With a population
reaThe Victorian expansion of Luton focused on areas close to the existing town centre and railways. In the 1920s and 1930s growth typically was though absorbing neighbouring villages and hamlets and infill construction between them and Luton. After
:"This article is about Northampton in England; for other places of the same name see Northampton (disambiguation)" Northampton|status = Borough|region = East Midlands|admincounty = |area = Ranked
 S|latitude= 53.7939|longitude= -1.75206|official_name= | population = 293,717| population_ref =  (2001 Census) |population_density= |metropolitan_borough= City of |metropolitan_county=
"Bebington" is a small town and electoral ward within the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral, in , England. It lies south of Liverpool and west southwest of Manchester, along the River Mersey on the eastern side of the Wirral Peninsula. Nearby towns
 
Tipps der Redaktion aus dem Nachrichtenportal
 
NACHRICHTEN
Witnesses who attended Monday night's Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena described scenes of panic and confusion after they heard a loud bang and saw people injured by shrapnel, many of them seriously. London (dpa) - Gary Walker, from the
When the UK voted to leave the European Union late last month, the shock waves spread almost immediately throughout the world. Major stock markets crashed, analysts on television and in print began forecasting long-term effects, and British citizens
London's new Muslim mayor, Labour politician Sadiq Khan, attended his first public event as mayor on Sunday at a memorial for the 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust. London (dpa) - Khan attended Sunday‘s Annual Jewish Remembrance Day for
Prime Minister David Cameron on Monday announced new measures to compel Muslim migrants to improve their English skills, saying the move was linked to "building a more integrated, cohesive, one-nation country." London (dpa) - A
For the first time in our 132-year history, Leicester City Football Club are the champions of England after securing the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League title on Monday night. It is one of the greatest sporting triumphs ever seen, you can read on
For the first time in our 132-year history, Leicester City Football Club are the champions of England after securing the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League title on Monday night. It is one of the greatest sporting triumphs ever seen, you can read on
Wetter

London


(14.08.2018 12:44)

14 / 22 °C


15.08.2018
17 / 22 °C
16.08.2018
13 / 22 °C
powered by wetter.com
Stock News

Ecken
LÄNDER
STÄDTE
EUROPA-TOUREN

Agenda - The Week Ahea ...
Agenda - The Week Ahea ...

Afghan Farah Governor ...
Ministry Warns Cinema ...

5TH LEAD Palestinians ...
German Economy Ministe ...

URGENT: Norway's Bjoe ...
China highlights Beiji ...

banner

banner

banner

banner

© europe online publishing house GmbH, Weiden, Germany, info@europeonline-magazine.eu | Impressum